Monday, November 12, 2007

NOT THE VETERAN'S DAY NEWS I WANTED...


Yo Carron….good to hear from you!

Yes, I was able to totally surprise Liz and she was so freaked! She ended up winning her class and I guess received the medal as the Great Lakes Champ (she was pumped)!

I depart on 1 December for 15 fun-filled glorious months in hell! Hopefully, it will go by quickly and Rhonda and girls won’t forget me!! I’m going to try and take my mid-tour leave around 14 June for both Rhonda’s B-day and Liz’s HS graduation….I will keep you posted.

As you can imagine, I’m pulling my hair out trying to get everything done around here so that it is as easy as possible for Rhonda while I’m gone. It’s not the big ticket items that you worry about, it’s the small stuff. We are so thankful that we have made such good friends here in the area, plus Iowa isn’t too far if she needs to call in reinforcements!

I promise to stay in touch and really regret not finding a way to hook up with you and the rest of the gang; however, we can definitely try in June.

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you during the deployment. I may even have a US Cell phone that I can shoot you the number and we may get to chat from time to time.


Take care, my best to everyone and I hope you guys have a great holiday season……mine is going to suck!

Ciao,
Mike

3 comments:

  1. Mike, good luck to you. We will keep you and all your girls in our thoughts and prayers.

    No good-byes. Just... see ya later.

    Promise me you will stay in touch.

    Love you much, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed brother and be safe!!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe, find some silliness, and know we are all here for you and your family!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete