Thursday, November 19, 2009

Congratulations, Mike!

Dear Family and Friends —

After spending the past 13 months on the promotion list waiting for my sequence number to hit, it is with great humility and pride that I send you an invitation for my upcoming promotion ceremony! USAF Lieutenant General (Retired) Tad Oelstrom, Director of the National Security Program at Harvard will preside over the ceremony. As many of you know, this has and continues to be a tough year on our Family with Rhonda teaching in Colorado Springs, Liz attending Marquette University in Milwaukee, Susie attending UNI in Cedar Falls, and myself attending the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Boston. However, their unconditional love and support during the past eleven PCS moves, operational deployments and recent combat deployment gives me the strength to continue to serve!

As anyone associated with the military will tell you, being selected for promotion is not a singular achievement or event. While it clearly recognizes an individuals performance and potential for future service, it also is a time to recognize the individual’s Family and all those who have served for and with the individual being promoted. As I sit and reflect on the past twenty-eight years of my military career, it clearly would not have been possible to send this email tonight without the mentorship, friendship, support, and love of everyone receiving this invitation; not to mention the countless numbers of Soldiers and leaders with whom I have served. Regardless of assignment, I can honestly say that I have been blessed to have served with totally outstanding Soldiers, Non-Commissioned Officers, Warrant Officers, Commissioned Officers, and Government Civilians and I thank you all.

While I clearly understand that it is unrealistic for any of you to be able to attend the ceremony in Boston, I just wanted to let you know that you will all be in my thoughts during the ceremony and look forward to seeing you all in the future! Again, thank you for the support, guidance, and wisdom over the years. As a heads up, I am scheduled to take command of the 3rd Army Recruiting Brigade at Fort Knox, Kentucky on 16 July 2010 and will make sure that you all receive an invitation to that event in the spring and hope you can make it!

Sincerely,
Mike

Michael T. Hauser
National Security Fellow
JFK School of Government
Harvard University
michael_hauser@hks.harvard.edu

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invitation to your promotion, Mike. I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crowning achievement for 28yrs of service to our country.Many thanks to your wife and children as well!! lisa t

    ReplyDelete