Sunday, February 24, 2008

FORE!!


Greetings All -

I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I'm fine and that I'm pretty settled in here in the International Zone (IZ/Green Zone) in Baghdad.

I appreciate the emails, cards, & boxes that I have received during the past 90 days, it's always great to hear from everyone and I honestly can't believe how fast the time is going; in about 90 days I will be heading back for R&R and I simply can't believe it.

Other than the occasional mortar/rocket attacks on the IZ, life here is pretty decent (compared to how many of the Soldiers have it on remote sites).

I was able to get out the other day and visit some old friends serving in the NATO Training Mission-Iraq (NTM-I) and had to take the time to play their NATO 9 hole golf course.....that's right, I found a golf course in Baghdad (look out Randy & Luz.....I'm practicing)

Again, it's always great to hear from you and please let me know if you would like anything from over here!
Cheers!
Mike H.

1 comment:

  1. Way in the background -- is that the huge crossed sword monument that Saddam built? I would imagine that mine fields are out-of-bounds?
    TOM

    ReplyDelete