Monday, October 13, 2008

MIKE IS COMING HOME!!

Dear family and friends,

I'm sending this quick note to let you all know that in less than 24 hours I will begin my journey back to Colorado Springs! I was selected a few weeks ago by the next 4ID Deputy, Commanding General to work the personnel transition in support of the 4ID Headquarters and 1-4BCT movement from Fort Hood, Texas, to Fort Carson, Colorado, this coming spring. By being selected, it has shortened my deployment from 15 to 11 months. While this is outstanding news, it is bitter sweet because I was really starting to get comfortable after spending the past 11 months building a team and learning my job. I really appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, and boxes full of goodies during the past year; it all helped get me through both the good and bad times.

While I know that the US is about to make some important decisions over the next month, I can assure you first-hand, that we are making progress in Iraq, and if God wills it, the Iraqi people will be able to provide their own security and maintain a stable government in the upcoming year. The support that we receive from not only folks back home, but also from across the entire world is phenomenal! We are the best equipped, trained, and prepared military in the world because of this support.

Thanks again for everything that you did to make this deployment not only comfortable, but also for the love and care that you showed our family during the past year as well. Rhonda, Liz, & Susie have worked very hard while I've been gone and I can't wait to get back and see them in the next couple weeks!

Cheers,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment