Saturday, June 16, 2007

BACK IN THE SANDBOX

Hi, Tony and Carron,

Great to hear from you. I made it back safe and sound. I have been back just over 2 weeks now and the time is not moving fast enough. We have about 6 weeks left. I figure the month of June will crawl as we are very anxious to get going. July will be better as we have mandatory briefings, customs inspections, and the training of our replacements.

I oversee three warehouses and each will have a new Officer coming in to take charge. That will keep me busy towards the middle of July. And after that, it will be time to come home. This time it will be for good. I am getting too old to play army. Also this heat is really a drain. It was 110 yesterday and windy. The wind is like standing in front of a hot blow dryer. It just doesn't let up.

I had a great time at home. It was almost like a dream and it went way too quickly. You really have no true idea of what you have in your life until you either lose it or are away from it for a long period of time. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in August. I will be coming back to Anamosa on the 24th. I am going to stop in Cedar Rapids and see my old Co-workers at United Fire and Casualty on that Friday and then get fitted for a tux. My brother is getting married in September. Carol and I are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Take care and we'll see you in a couple of months.

Scott (Weber)

No comments:

Post a Comment