Wednesday, June 13, 2007

GOOD TO HEAR FROM DAVE GEORGE
Hey Carron - thanks for checking in. Things are good here. Sam and Lauren are making the jump to middle and high school in the same year, so this fall should be very interesting. Also, Lauren just celebrated her 14th birthday and I'm not ready to have a teen girl in the house. I know how I was at that age and I'm hoping she doesn't follow suit!

I was in England for work about 2 weeks ago. I work for a division of Honeywell. In the past two years, we purchased a company in Poole, England, on the south coast. I have 4 people that work for me there and I get there 3-4x per year in addition to weekly conference calls. The interesting thing about the Poole area is palm trees. It is far enough north that it can get cold, though without the snow we get here. And, because it's on the south coast of the country and on the gulf stream, coconuts actually float from the Caribbean to there and have rooted over time.

At present, we are planning on a trip to Anamosa over the weekend prior the July 4th. The 4th being on a Wednesday kinds of screws up the week, but I'll take Monday and Tuesday off to make it a 5-day weekend. The folks were actually here for Lauren's 8th grade graduation last weekend.

Again, thanks for checking on me. See or hear from you soon.

P.S. I have a thought for you. Have you heard or visited Facebook.com? It's a site like MySpace but geared to the over 18 year old crowd. Another group I'm in has started a group on Facebook. Individual set up their own page with details, photos, etc and we link together as a group. We could have a Anamosa Class of 81. There are already Anamosa people on Facebook - you can search by key words. Most are recent grads it looks like. Anyway, it might be a neat way to stay connected or to gear up for the 30th reunion. Just a thought.

See ya.
Dave (George)

1 comment:

  1. I think this blog is a good way to stay connected. If you all want to keep in touch, you need to contact Carron. She is doing what she can and working hard on it. It will only work if we, the classmates, work with her. I can understand her frustration.

    ReplyDelete