Friday, April 25, 2008

SCOTT'S GRADUATION

Hi, everyone.

This is a courtesy email to inform everyone about my upcoming graduation. I am graduating from Kirkwood Community College on May 10, 2008, with a 2-year AAS degree. My overall GPA is 3.9 which allowed me become a member of the International Honor Society. This degree will not change my life or my job, and I will not get pay raise. This is just a stepping stone.

One day I hope to get a bachelor's degree, but right now I am just looking forward to having the summer off of school. My AAS will be in “Skilled Trades”, which basically proves I have formal education in mechanical and electrical systems and that I have taken basic college electives such as writing, math and psychology. To graduate with this degree, the student must have a journeypersons card proving they have successfully completed a U.S. Department of Labor accredited apprenticeship lasting a minimum of 4 years.

Scott (Petersen)

If for some reason you are bored out of your mind on Saturday, May 10th, you may attend the ceremony at the U.S. Cellular Center (5 Seasons Center) in Cedar Rapids. You must be seated by 9:40 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment