Wednesday, April 9, 2008

THAT'S IOWA FOR YA




This past Saturday, it was 66 degrees and I'm at my man's house grilling out with no coats and sitting by a raging fire until 11:00 p.m. in jeans and sweatshirts. Yesterday, it freakin' snowed!!!
Tomorrow is Wesley's 17th birthday. I remember ten years ago, on his 7th birthday, Dean and I got him a bike that he couldn't even ride because we got a crapload of snow the night before.
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! I want spring!
Y'all remember the April 9, 1973 blizzard? (This is our version of "What were you doing when JFK died?" Probably laying in our cribs pooping and drooling.)
Just for shits and giggles, I Googled "April 1973 Iowa snowstorm" and here's what it said...
"I'm sure many of us old farts remember the April 9, 1973 snowstorm that blanketed much of Iowa with over a foot of snow and deep drifts."
Old farts? OLD farts? WTF????

2 comments:

  1. --- Old Fart Rememberances
    I remember building snow forts and tunnels in Scott Carlson's backyard. I think that was the storm where the snow drifted up to the roof line of the high school.
    TOM H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember HWY 64 had so much snow on it that a snow plow wouldn't have been able to get through. We were snowed in until this huge snow-eating machine came and got rid of the snow!
    My sister and I played "king of the mountain"!
    Bren

    ReplyDelete