Saturday, June 21, 2008

MESSAGE FROM KARLA BONIFAZI


Dear Friends:

I’ve had some very sad news last night. My Mom a.k.a. “Grandma Pockets” was in a terrible car accident and was killed, Thursday night June 19th, 2008.

She evidently pulled out in front of a semi turning onto Hwy 151 just outside of Anamosa. In traditional “Grandma Pockets” fashion, she was dressed in her clown outfit and on her way to a gig.

Although the accident was awful, her body was spared and we were able to view it. She just looked like she was sleeping. My brothers and sister’s and I all know she lived a wonderful life and touched many people; that is why I am sharing this with you. She will be greatly missed by many, but we will always have those treasured memories that made my MOM who she was.

Thank you all for being a part of my life.

Karla and Randy

2 comments:

  1. Karla:

    I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I f there is anything that I can do please let me know.

    Darcie Luxa (Cole)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter and I are so sad to hear about your mothers passing. My daughter who is 6 dearly loved seeing "Grandma Pockets" every Wednesday night at Applebees. She was a very special woman and will be missed by many. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete