Thursday, December 13, 2007

KATHY'S WAKE
I attended Kathy Cox's visitation at the funeral home in Anamosa last night. A lot of our classmates were there. I saw Mike and Tammy Coons, Maribeth (Terrell) and Dan Moore, Jeff and Chris (Catlett) Tjaden, Joe Jensen, Tony Miell, and, of course, Dave Cox and his brother, Rob.
There were pictures and photo albums of Kathy everywhere with lots of memories and reminiscing. Several of the pictures were family photos of all three kids when they were very young. I remember Dave when he was that age. I believe we started school together in kindergarten (ironically enough, Mrs. Chapman was the organist at Kathy's funeral today) and I know for sure Dave was in my 2nd grade class at West with Mrs. Waterhouse.
We must have been seated alphabetically because he sat beside me all year.
I was lucky enough to get to know Kathy pretty well in high school when she and Scott W. were dating and I was hanging out with Tom H. I recall (amazingly enough) several fun days we four spent together.
The visitation was supposed to be Tuesday night, but was postponed due to the ice storm. I am glad they did that so we could all attend because it was a beautiful farewell to a beautiful woman.
If you have fun memories of Kathy and/or time spent with her, leave a comment or send an e-mail and I will forward them on to the Cox family.
R.I.P.
Kathleen Marie Cox Timm
November 23, 1963 - December 8, 2007

1 comment:

  1. Went to Kathys funeral today :-( It was so hard. Didn't get to see Dave, Jeryl or Cameron. Loved all the pictures...laughed and cried at the same time. Wasn't able to make the burial or the luncheon...had to dash back to work (making up for the ice) but there was no way I would have missed her funeral. There are so many great memories growing up with her and her family, living two houses down the street. It makes me smile right now :-) I still see her smiling and I think she is right now.

    Wish I could have made it last night. Missed you :-(
    Talk to you again soon girlfriend
    Love you Kathy

    ReplyDelete