Thursday, December 6, 2007

MORE NEWS FROM MIKE
Well, I've made it to Iraq! I arrived in Baghdad yesterday afternoon and I'm currently at Camp Liberty in the southern end of the city. Tomorrow afternoon I will make my final move into the center of the city to the Adnon Palace. After making a number of phone calls today, I finally found out what my mailing address is:
___________________________________________________
LTC Mike Hauser
BOCAT
APO, AE 09348
___________________________________________________
Sorry that the comm's have not been great; however, trying to do the smallest thing here takes hours instead of minutes. For example, to transport me and my gear 30 minutes to the Palace will take:
1) Submit the request for movement.
2) A 4 vehicle armored convoy identified/tasked/dispatched.
3) Approval from the CDR for the vehicles to move.
4) A 30 minute ride down a very 'not so nice' road into the center of the city.
All in all, it took 2 days of planning, 16 Soldiers, and 4 armored vehicles to move one old and tired LTC and his baggage 30 minutes!
Anyway, I should be set up by COB tomorrow night and will get more organized. I hope to talk to you all soon.
Cheers,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment