Monday, December 3, 2007

MIKE ARRIVED SAFELY & SENT AN UPDATE

Hey, Carron and everyone – I thought that I would keep you posted on the deployment progress. I’ve made it to Kuwait and I’m currently at Camp Beuhring (approximately 25 miles from the Iraq border). It is pretty desolate here, just tents, a few portable buildings, a small PX, gym, mess hall, and a lot of training ranges! I will move forward to Baghdad sometime late tomorrow night. The trip here was interesting; we flew to NYC, then to Shannon, Ireland, then to Leipzig, Germany (formally East Germany), then down to Kuwait. All in all, it took exactly 24 hours to get from Colorado Springs to Kuwait. I arrived at 0400 on Monday morning and have fought sleeping. It’s just past midnight, so I’m officially on Tuesday. I will take a few photos tomorrow while I’m walking around and send the next time I can get service. At the moment, I’m pretty much on foot and probably walked 10 miles today to find my way around. I was finally issued my pistol and ammo, so I definitely feel more secure.

Still no mailing address, I hope to have that in the next few days. Comm’s are extremely limited and I’m 10 hours a head of Colorado Springs.

Take care,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment