Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TRIP TO MINNESOTA







Dan and I got the hell out of Dodge this past weekend. We headed north to Minnesota where we stayed in a bed and breakfast that used to be the Fillmore County Jail. They have a room that still has the original bars on the cell doors!! I didn't want to stay in that room, though, because it seemed too familiar and I started to have flashbacks! :-/
We saw the most gorgeous scenery, ate the best food, and I got to reminisce a lot by visiting some cousins, my grandma's and uncle's gravesite, my grandma's old house, and the local grocery story where Grandma would take us every day for M & M's when we visited her!
Southern Minnesota is big Amish country, so we made sure to stop at every store and shop to get homemade pies, jam, bread, salsa, and steak sauce. We came back home along the Mississippi where the scenery is breathtaking! I can't wait to go back in the fall when the leaves are changing colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment