Monday, November 17, 2008

MIKEY THE COLONEL!!!

Carron --

I cannot begin to tell you how hectic it's been since my redeployment. I was only back a week and had to spend last week in DC on business and can't wait for some things to slow down.

I received some unexpected & outstanding news last week......I was just selected for promotion to Colonel! That's right, Colonel! Since it came a year earlier than anticipated, it was totally unexpected and extremely humbling since only one or two folks get selected each year out of the hundreds competing. Obviously the stars were aligned correctly or some weird astrological/voodoo thing happened!

Looks like we will be back in Iowa from 20 Dec - 2/3 Jan! More to follow and I promise to give you a call.

Cheers,
Mike

3 comments:

  1. Voo-doo, schmoo-doo. You deserved it, dammit!!!

    HUGE congratulations! I am so proud of and happy for you!!!!

    CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of anyone more deserving! Way to go Mikey. Where do you go from here? Email me whenever you have time.
    lisa13030@yahoo.com.....Congrats l.t.

    ReplyDelete