Monday, November 17, 2008

JEFF'S FUNDRAISER














We went to Jeff A.'s fundraiser yesterday. The place was packed for five hours straight!

I talked to Jeff A. for quite some time and he is in such good spirits. He put it so well - he is an "optomistic realist" and said 5% of people with pancreatic cancer survive with no side effects so he might as well be one of that 5%, right? Let's keep saying our prayers for Jeff and his family.

Lisa did such a wonderful job of organizing everything. (The final tally hasn't been tabulated, but it was a biggie!) She and Brad even showed up wearing the exact same shirts!

The limestone bench was donated by Mike Deutmeyer and my mom had the highest bid!! Mike Coons was highest bidder on one of the footballs my dad had autographed by Kirk Ferentz.

I ran into a bunch of classmates and even more from the class of '80. Below is a photo of Dave and crazy Mike.














3 comments:

  1. Glad you and Dan could come! Don't you love those "Team Jeff A" shirts! :-)

    Just to be clear and not to take extra credit, there were several people who worked really hard to make the day a good one both emotionally and financially! I was only responsible for the silent auction (loved those bidding wars!).

    We had more people there from the Class of 80 than we did at our last reunion, I think!

    Prayers to Jeff and his family...
    Lisa
    p.s My husband is still wondering "What the hell??!?" over my matching outfit...with Brad! tee hee That was pretty funny when he showed up at the house that morning matching! Note: that pathetic pic of me was after working eight hours at the benefit...please take that into consideration before laughing at me too hard! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, we'll spread the credit around, but you still did a great job!! And, you looked as beautiful as always!! So hush. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how tan Brad is from his vacation in Greece. We are just pasty white Iowans. I hate him. :-)

    ReplyDelete