Wednesday, March 21, 2007


SCOTT W. CHECKS IN

Carron,

Thanks for the photo. I do miss home, even my old Anamosa home. The folks added on after I moved out. I think Sherri was gone by then also. I don't miss mowing that yard with its hills. I think my brother comes over and does it now. I know Dad still has at it but he is not as young as he used to be, but then again, who is?

Curt is right about Dad. He would only drive a Ford or an American made car. He did give in and drive a Pontiac for a while. He now owns all foreign made cars. Once he left Rockwell and the union, he eventually moved away from Ford. He still talks about the Ford 500 and the Taurus. He also loves NASCAR. I never got into that.

Thanks again for the photo.

Say hi to Curt and Tony for me.

Scott Weber

5 comments:

  1. man, that's a hardcore American-made car fan when he thinks of a Pontiac as foreign!! who makes those anyway, the French??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and 'hi' back, Scott!! good to hear from you again! I'll write you a little something soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The back yard may be hilly, but it has a perfectly sized flat spot for playing Yard Jarts. Safety issues, my ass. That was a truly great American game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carron;

    I can't get into the blog site. It is frustrating. I will be home in May and I will access it then and when this little trip is over, I will have access forever........

    Curt was right, we played hours of yard jarts. I used to play and after the "adults" spent the afternoon drinking beer, I suddenly became the only one with any talent.
    Now when we go home, we dig out the old set and Dad, Kyle, Bob Wageman and I throw
    darts, this time I have an adult beverage in hand.

    Thanks again. Take care.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, even though you can't read this, I was happy to post your comment for you. I will keep sending you the pics and comments in regular e-mails and will post anything you want me to post.

    Osama bin Bungum

    ReplyDelete