Saturday, September 23, 2006

OK, here is an e-mail from Kath. I am sending it for two reasons. First of all, it just proves that Kathy is just about the sweetest thing I have ever encountered in my whole life. Secondly, it shows that she can actually talk more than (or equally as much as) I can. I had to post it to prove it!
Kath, I hope you got to see Jordan, Greg, Averi, Kate, and all the rest. You are so amazing. I also hope that when you had to "pull Rick away from all the fun", that you made some fun of your own!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Love ya, sister!
Sounds like Tony and Brian Z. had quite a little conversation going . "McNeillie" LOL!!!!!!
I'm a bit of a "party-pooper" on Friday nites. Poor Rick, I'm usually the one to pull him away from all the fun saying, "I gotta work tomorrow, so can we go now?" If it's a home football game and not raining, we'll go see Jordan play ball. They got beat pretty bad last week by Central of DeWitt.
This has been a long week. As you know, it's the homecoming season so my Saturdays book up full for that making my normal Saturday people go into the week somewhere for their appt. Tomorrow afternoon we are going to a wedding in New Hampton for his cousin, Greg. Sunday, Averi and Kate are back from school so we'll go see them at Jon's. I wish I could get some pics posted of them for the classmates. It's like they are my own kids anyhoo!:-).
Next Friday is Alburnett homecoming and Rick wants to go to that game. I think you might know he went to school there--Class of 1983. He (and the whole class) got a letter last May from a classmate of his asking if anyone wants to have a 25 year reunion? Well, the letter sat there until the beginning of August when I got a call at work from another classmate of his. Couldn't talk much cuz I'm with clients so I got home that night, told Rick, "You'll never guess who called me at work." So, then I called the one who actually sent the letter to him. We talked for 40 min. and we joked about how it's always the women who do all the organizing blah, blah, blah and so then I said, "Hey, let me get Rick on the phone with you." So anyway they talked for another 1/2 hour having a great time. I love it! He hasn't seen or heard from most of them in forever. They have only ever had a 10 yr. reunion. So Rick says to her, "Why don't we just get together now. Whoever can make it-great, then start making plans for a 25th." ANYWAY, Lisa (classmate) and Rick and a couple others decided to do a big get-together on the 30th in Center Point for some pow-wowing. So, we'll do that next weekend. Should be fun. Another of his classmates set up this site where you can go in and post comments, pics - whatever you want - similar to ours, but different. So, between our class and his class, the last few months have just been a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, the next weekend is Pumpkinfest--YEY! for our Friday nite together. Then the next weekend is Anamosa homecoming so it's "life-in-the-fast-lane" for a while for us. It's all good ;-)
What the heck are YOU doing tonite?
p.s./ The blog site is pretty cool!
Kathy

2 comments: