Friday, December 29, 2006


Carron,
I just received package 11. Wow, I am overwhelmed. Thank you and everyone so very
much for all you have done for me and also for my family. The donations were fantastic
and mean so very much to Carol and me. I want to thank everyone involved for remembering
us over here. I shared all the goodies (well not all) with the members of our unit
and others. They all got to hear the story of where these items came from and how
wonderful you all are.
Yesterday the CD's arrived with music from 78, 79, 80, and 81. I put in the CD from
1978 and we all laughed at first and then you could see the expressions as the music
took some of us more seasoned soldiers back in time. We are going to have a little
New Year's eve celebration (no alcohol, of course) and I might sneak one of these
CD's in and see what the young ones think.
I know I owe many classmates letters and e-mails and I promise to write all of you.
I have seven plus months left and I will eventually get to everyone. Write if you
get a chance.
Thanks again and I want you to know how moved I am by your generosity. Thanks for
being so kind. Have a super and Happy New Year.
CW3 Scott Weber
1034th CSSB
302-242-9545
To Serve The Warrior

1 comment:

  1. Scott,

    You have no idea the restraint it took for me not to dive into those Reece's Peanut Butter Cups or the M & M's before they were boxed up.

    They were sitting there on my desk taunting me and I had to write to Carol asking for her advice. She actually told me to open them up, eat some, and send you what was left.

    Thank goodness I put them in the box and mailed them before I got Carol's response or I probably would have caved.

    CB

    ReplyDelete