Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Carron,

Sorry for the late reply. We have been extremely busy here. I am staying late to catch up on much over due e-mails and thank you's.

I am doing just fine. The holidays have us all a little down, but I think once we get past Christmas we will be ok. There are decorations up at the Battalion headquarters and the American Forces Network plays Christmas music every now and then.

The weather has actually been very good. I love the fall back home and the weather has been fall like for almost a month now. It is in the upper 30s in the morning and the highs are around 60 during the day. The sun shines and the wind is mild.The rainy season is coming soon. It lasts several months but I am told that it rains for 2-3 days straight and then you have a break. I think we can handle that. Everything turns to mud and the water pools. It should stink, but what are you going to do?

Carol and the kids are doing super. I hope they don't figure out how great things are without me. They are the real heros in these deployments. Carol has to do everything. She always managed the finances (thank goodness) and now she has the yard work, cars, etc. plus she works. I couldn't do what she is doing, I just couldn't or wouldn't.

You would think that a kid in college is pretty much self sufficient, but they never really leave. My daughter is excited because she is going to move into a better dorm like room next year that is only going to cost an additional $1300......but she says she will have her own sink so it is worth it. I would kill for my own toilet. Actually I might have to....just kidding. It won't be her $1300 either. It better be a very nice sink.

I better let you go. Take care and thanks for taking the family photo with you to the get together the other night. It was great seeing everyone and there I was with you in spirit.

CW3 Scott Weber
1034th CSSB
302-242-9545
To Serve The Warrior

6 comments:

  1. Hey Scott, just wanted to say "HEY" and it's good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brett, Great to hear from you. I must remember that Carron posts all these messages and e-mails. This includes my poor spelling. I spelled heroes wrong. Go figure.

    Anyway, take care and have a great Christmas. Super job on the fundraiser for the VA.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott - if I see a misspelled word, I will usually correct it before posting, so I didn't catch it either. Who cares....

    ...You are all heroEs! Over here, over there. We are proud of all of you.

    Carron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scott, I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to be over there for Christmas, and away from family and friends, hopefully, for whatever it's worth, maybe the Christmas spirit can be felt in the heart (if only for a moment) if the reason for the season lives there. God Bless you Scott, and all your buddies, and everyone who is serving and has served for this country of ours. If I could send a big hug out to all of you, I certainly would!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, Brenda.

    I cannot imagine what they all go through. We are so blessed that we can say we know Scott, Brett, Mike H., Mike D. and all the others who have sacrificed for us. Their spouses deserve as much credit as they do.........

    We love you all,
    Carron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon Covington Kerns said: Hang in there Scott. You guys and gals are all doing a great job over there and we are all very proud of you. most of us couldnt do what you are doing, so thank you. Hopefully the new year will bring news of homecomings for everyone.
    Merry Christmas to you and everyone protecting our country.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete