Friday, February 2, 2007

Since I haven't submitted anything lately, and since Carron has mentioned my trip to DC, I thought I'd send these pics from the Capitol.

I went there to lobby the representatives of Iowa on behalf of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. I really enjoy going because I love that political crap! It was nice to have the chance to talk personally with the people who shape policy for this country, but other than that, the trip pretty much sucked. I really wanted to fit in a trip to see Carron before I left on Sunday so I left work early on Friday and raced back to CR....and forgot my shaving kit...so I had to buy all new stuff...and failed to pack more than two pairs of socks. See how distracted a guy can get when he's got a woman on his mind???

After a wonderful weekend of bowling and visiting Grandma Darcie and smoochin' on my baby ;-), I had to drive back to Omaha for my flight. At the long term parking, I left my cell phone charger...and my camera charger. Going through security, they confiscated my brand new bottle of hair junk because you never know when someone might hide a weapon of mass destruction in there...

On the outbound leg leaving Chicago Midway (go Bears!), my ears started to plug so I pinched my nose shut and blew, trying to equalize the pressure...and gave myself a nosebleed (dry air). I bled like a stuck hog...on my magazine, my sweater, my pants....

Since I couldn't possibly go without talking to Carron for 4 whole days ;-), I paid $30 for another cell phone charger...and paid $5 for more hair junk...and paid $25 for two more pairs of socks.

It got worse, but you get the point. I think my karma was trying to tell me something. It was either, a. I'm a dumbass that needs to plan ahead better, or b. I should never leave home without Carron again! I'm going with b!!! I love you, sweetie. See you this afternoon!!

T

1 comment:

  1. Hey, AJ!!! Speaking of karma.... the pic of Grassley would not upload. HAHAHA!! Pete will love that.

    Ten hours to go. Whoo-hoo!!!

    See you soon.

    ME

    ReplyDelete