Thursday, February 1, 2007

Hi, Carron,

We are all safe and sound. I am a bit depressed that now the Anamosa Class of 81 blog site is blocked from here. They put filters on what we can access on these wonderful government computers and now all of a sudden, the blog site is not allowed. There are other ways to access it, but I won't be able to check it as frequently as before.

We had some sad news last week. The CSM that was from my now hometown of Polk City was killed over here. I am sure you heard about her. We oversee mortuary affairs as part of our duties and she was brought here. It was a terrible thing. This is war and unfortunately these things happen. I had met her a few times and the last time I talked to her was in May.

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070124/FRONTPAGE/70124012&SearchID=73270784282835

We are just over the half way point of the deployment and I was wishing things would slow down, but not to be. With the increase in troop levels, we are staying very busy. That's about all for now. I hear it is very cold back home.

Stay warm and write when you can.

CW3 Scott Weber
1034th CSSB
302-242-9545
To Serve The Warrior

1 comment:

  1. I was walking through the airport in Baltimore and saw the cover of the new Time magazine. It said 'Blackhawk Down' and talked about the 12 people lost in Iraq when their copter went down. It didn't dawn on me until I got home that that was probably about your friend and comrade-in-arms...

    Sorry for your loss, Scott.

    ReplyDelete