Thursday, April 26, 2007

TOUCHING BASE WITH SCOTT W.

Hi Carron,

The internet police have once again blocked the class of 81 blog so my access has been denied. It is frustrating to say the least. You take so many things for granted back home. Simple access to websites would be nice. Listen to me complaining of internet access in a war zone. I think of what my Grandfather endured in the Philippines during WWII. He relied on the mail and it took weeks to get a reply, if at all. No internet, TV, air conditioning, etc. We are a spoiled generation.

I am looking forward to leave in a couple of weeks. I am at the burnt out stage. God willing, we have less than 100 days until we are sent home. That can all change, but odds are it won't. I submitted my retirement resignation letter. If approved, I will retire 23 days prior to my 23 year anniversary in the Army. The Guard is different from active duty. I can't draw my retirement until I turn 60 and then it is a small amount. It should cover groceries.

I have to run to a meeting. Take care and say hi to everyone back home. I hope all is well. I did see your engagement announcement in the blog before I was blocked. Congratulations to you and Tony!!

Scott (Weber)

1 comment:

  1. Scott,

    You might not see this, but keep plugging along. It won't be long now...

    Can't wait until you are back on home turf.

    See you then...
    CB

    ReplyDelete