Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Carron,
It was nice to get your e-mail. I can understand how busy you are, we
are also that way.
Kenneth is a senior at Monticello High School and in
his last semester of high school. It is starting to get a little scary
and sad. We have been busy with paper work for scholarships, housing, and
financial aid. He is going to Kirkwood for the first two years and then
transfer to Iowa State. He wants to do something in the Agricultural
field.
Kristin is in her freshman year here and loves it. She played on
the freshman volleyball team this fall and is now on a USA Volleyball
team, so our weekends will be filling up with tournaments. She likes to
swim, so in the summer she is on the town swim team. She will be taking
driver's ed. this summer so we will have another one driving. Kenneth
takes her to school this year, but she will be getting her school permit
once driver's ed. is over. She won't be 16 till March of 2008.
We don't
have the internet at home for our computer since Milt and I both have
access at our schools. I can go over and use my dad's computer and have
the kids help me and see if we can get some pictures on the blog.
We had
a good Christmas. The kids get money so they can get what they want, and
after being married for almost 23 years I was in dire need of new pots and
pans, so that was what I got.
Milt keeps busy with his teaching and FFA
Chapter at Cascade and my job keeps me pretty busy. I teach at the Middle
School here in Monticello. I have the 5th & 6th grade Resource students.
I have 19 students on my roster. I keep busy with writing all those
IEP's. I never thought I would like the older students, but it isn't so
bad. I like the staff here and we have a good time.
With the new year,
we are on a big wellness kick. We are having a competition between the
school buildings. So, I have been exercising and trying to eat healthy.
I wish I would have done this a lot sooner, it wouldn't be so hard now.
Well, I better get something accomplished today. Thanks again for the
note.
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment