Monday, January 8, 2007



Hi There!
Gosh, it's sure been a long time since I've had any time just to "catch-up" with you! How's everything going? In reading the blog, it sounds like you are very busy having lots of fun!!! That's GREAT!!
Did any classmates get together at all over Christmas? I sure thought about calling you on New Year's Eve!!!
I've been learning alot about all of the resources available for child care providers. There is alot of stuff out there!! You did that for, what, 10 years was it?
With the focus being on early childhood, there are big bucks out there for providers who attend workshops/trainings on improving quality childcare!! Through Jones County Empowerment and ISU Extension grant on quality child care, a provider might earn a stipend of $300 for attending one series of trainings! Another series is worth $200, ...I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but, WOW!!! That is super for those providers who take the hour here and the hour there to attend some of this stuff!!
I can't believe it's so mild this January, temperature-wise!!!
Nick was born 16 years ago. Back then, it was blizzard-like conditions, driving was treacherous, creeping at a speed of 35 mph at the most......(this is starting to sound like the beginning of one of those: when I was a kid we had to...... doesn't it! hahahaha).
Switching subjects now, I'm sending you a copy of the article I wrote as it appeared in the Monticello Express.
I know you've already read it before, but, I guess, I just wanted to share it again, because it really made me feel like I do still have at least one brain cell functioning in my head yet! Thanks for being there for me to send it to!

You're a good friend, Carron, we will have to get our calendars out and see when we can get together again.


Take Care Girlfriend!!

br

No comments:

Post a Comment