Monday, May 14, 2007

SCOTT IS HOME FOR TWO WEEKS

Carron,

I swore I wasn't going to check my military e-mail while I was home, but I am glad I did. I actually just checked the class web site since I can access it from home.

I arrived home Saturday about noon. I was fortunate to catch an early flight to Des Moines. We arrived at the gate just as they were boarding. What a trip.

We left Iraq on Thursday night. They fly you to Kuwait. We left Kuwait late Friday night. We landed in Shannon, Ireland, and had a 3 hour layover there. We aren't allowed to drink!! Can you imagine, being in Ireland and not being able to have a Guiness. I love Guiness. I have had one since I have been home, but none in Ireland. We then flew to Atlanta. What a trip, but it is great to be home.

I have spent the last two days catching up on household chores. Carol has done a great job but there are little things that needed repair. I have already fixed the toilet, the sump pump, mowed the yard, planted tomatoes, replaced the dog tie-out, cleaned the storage room, replaced a few light bulbs, and replaced various filters. It has been great.

I will call you this week. My parents are coming down on Tuesday, but I will get you called. Oh, I will call on my new cell phone. My soon-to-graduate son has my old one and has no intention of giving it back. Like I said, it is sooo great to be home. I can even drink water, soda, beer, right up until bedtime if I wish. The bathroom is now only a few steps away.........and indoors!

Call you soon.
Scott

4 comments:

  1. Hi Scott!!!
    WoW!! Glad to hear you're back home!! Relax, enjoy, and laugh lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....
    Welcome back to Iowa. They don't sell Guiness at the Casey's General Store in north Baghdad?
    (try a Millstream Colony Oatmeal Stout - brewed in the Amanas).
    I imagine you've spent the last few days catching up on more than just "household" chores -- bada-bing!
    Enjoy the peace, sleep well, and here's to a quick end of your tour.

    Tom H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back on American soil, Scott!! Not much longer now...

    Grab a Guiness, grab the Mrs. (at least a few more times ;-)), go to Hy-Vee at 2am and bask in the glory of free enterprise....isn't it great to be home???

    Enjoy it all, pal. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT to talk to you this afternoon, Scott. Thank you so much for calling.

    If Tony and I are trudging through the state next weekend, we are going to look up both you and BZ. You'd better have a cold Guiness ready. Make that two. :-)

    If we don't hook up again before then, you have a safe couple of months and we will see you in August. I'll have a whole crapload of Guiness for you then!

    Good luck. Take care.
    CB

    ReplyDelete