Thursday, October 12, 2006



Carron –
You Rock! Wow, what a website.
I’m glad to see that everyone is going through the aging process at about the same rate; however, a few of you appear to be avoiding it. I’m bummed that I didn’t make it back in July for the reunion; it really looks like you guys had a blast.

Just to give you a quick update I enclosed a picture from last year when I was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel. In the picture you can see my wife Rhonda (from Cedar Falls) and my oldest daughter Elizabeth (16), our youngest daughter Susanne (15) is hiding behind the photographer. Trust me, we have to keep our hair short in the Military…..it’s not gone, it’s just short J!

My wife, Rhonda and I have been married for 17 ½ years and she has been teaching First Grade for the past 10 years and just loves it. Elizabeth (Liz) is a junior, and Susanne (Susie) is a sophomore, and they are both very active in cross country and track. Susie dreams of making it on Broadway someday, while Liz is training for the 2010 Olympics in speed skating (time will tell)! We just moved from 4 years in Belgium where I was the Deputy, US Military Representative to SHAPE HQ’s (NATO) to Colorado Springs, CO where I am the Personnel Director at Fort Carson (a large Army Base).
We built what will someday be our retirement house here in the Springs, so we have plenty of room for anyone who wants to come out, see the sights (plenty to see), go skiing, or just visit and drink beer!
I’m enclosing my contact information so please feel free to pass it around, it would be great to hear from all of you.

Mike Hauser
3655 Tail Wind Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80911

Home: (719) 391-0570
Cell: (719) 271-2778
Work: (719) 526-9888

Unfortunately, we will not make it back for Thanksgiving; however, I will let you know the next time that I’m back and I will buy the first round!

BTW, do you have Ken Boddicker’s email address & phone number?

Cheers,
Mike

(Ken Boddicker

43 - 27th Ave. Dr. S. W.

Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

319-298-1822

I don't have an e-mail address for him)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words, Mike. It has been fun for me to do this. So glad to hear about you and your family. You sound like you are doing well!!! And, you look wonderful. Thanks for the picture of your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome!! My pleasure to do this and to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike - Congrats on the promotion!!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike
    after 21 years in the AF I watched lots of pin-ons, and it's the neatest thing. I know it was a proud moment for you & the family. Well done, keep going/hoo-ah
    bz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to let all you military brats bond, however, I just wanted to say that it wonderful to have us all together again. Whether it be in person, via this blogsite, or e-mail, it is incredible. Thank you all so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GOD!!! So that's what happened to you! I always wondered what you did after high school...glad to see things going so well for you! I had to look back in the yearbook to compare notes because you look totally different now, just like when I saw Scott Weber's pic. I guess 25 years in the military will do that to a guy... Since I haven't seen you since graduation day, congratulations on marrying your lovely wife, congratulations on the births of your children, and congratulations on what looks to be a worthy life well lived!!! Hope to see you some time, if you ever get back here! The second round will be on me!!!!

    ReplyDelete