Monday, October 16, 2006

(To catch Mike at home, use this e-mail address: michael.hauser@msn.com)

Hi Carron!
Great to hear from you, things are going great! We are just about completely unpacked and getting settled in our new house. Of the 10 moves that we have made as a family in the past 17 years this was probably the hardest. We have learned that building a new house can really be exhausting. Since we are in a brand new development, we have had to do all of the landscaping, build a deck, and finish off the unpacking! Tonight was awesome, I finally finished cleaning the garage and we actually were able to put all three cars away!! Now I only have my office and two closets and I'm home free!!

Rhonda and the girls are doing great. Rhonda really enjoys the school district that she is teaching in and the girls are so busy with classes and extra curricular activities that it is almost too much. My job keeps me busy and at the moment I do not have to travel a lot so it's pretty nice to sleep in my own bed at night.

It was really great to reconnect with Tony and catch up on the last 25 years! I knew that Tony had gone into the USAF, but I wasn't sure where he ended up. By all means, feel free to take a road trip and come on out! Since you have been to Colorado Springs, you know how much there is to do in the immediate area! Again, we have plenty of room for you, Tony and probably anyone else that you want to bring. Not sure I could host an entire reunion, but I could certainly have a big party or barbeque to support any event you want to plan in Colorado Springs! I'm not sure if you remember my friend Doug Wortman; however, he's coming out in February!!

So, what have you been doing for the past 25 years? Where do you work, live, etc? By looking at all of the photos, you really appear to be enjoying life! Whatever you are doing appears to be working...so don't stop! It really would be great to see you and catch up on life. Sorry that we won't make it back for Thanksgiving; however, I'm sure that we will be able to get together the next time that we are back in Iowa.I would really enjoy it. My father passed away three years ago, and last year my mother moved down to Bettendorf to live closer to my older sister, Sandy. Sandy is currently the Director of the Physical Therapy Dept at St. Ambrose University and lives in Bettendorf with her husband and three children. My younger sister, Lori, lives with her husband and two children in North Liberty. Lori has worked at ACT Testing for almost 20 years.

Not much more at this time, take care and stay in touch, now that we are connected, I don't want to take 25 years to reconnect again!

Cheers,

Mike (Hauser)

No comments:

Post a Comment