Wednesday, November 1, 2006







Alright Carron -

Since all the photos of me showing up on the blog are goofy alcohol-related ones, here are a few respectable shots, including:

My wife Melissa and me at a pizza parlor in Columbia, MO.
My daughter, Katrina, and me at Wrigley Field.
My son, Patrick, step-daughter, Erika, and me at Wrigley.
My stepson, Derek, and his date and on Homecoming night this year.
My son, Ryan, and a new friend at a canine rescue event this summer.

I'll spare you pet photos since the email would end up about 100Mb. Since I've missed the get-together activities, here's my brief bio:

Survived college at Cornell, moved to Illinois, worked, went to grad school, moved back to Iowa, more grad school, taught at Iowa, got a bank job, moved to Missouri, moved back to Iowa...live in Cedar Rapids and work for General Electric (10 years!) designing statistical and economic models (go figure). I spend about half my time here and half in Connecticut. Don't ask. It's a helluva commute.

Married for the second time, 5 kids: oldest daughter is a junior at Iowa (and a Burge RA!), #2 daughter is in Yr 2 at Kirkwood, son and stepson are sophomores at Iowa City High and Cedar Rapids Washington, respectively, and youngest son is in 5th grade in Iowa City. My leisure time seems to be spent at somebody's football/basketball/baseball game. Fortunately City High and Wash's colors are both red.

We have had a few instances where the boys have played against each other, so that's fun.

I hope to get to one of the gatherings you've organized...

Good job on that!

Later,

Steve

PS: I ran into.... DeDe, er, Diann Peak...in Chicago at O'Hare, both of us trying desperately to get home late one night from the east coast. Fortunately, we both made the same flight. Ironic that I have to go to Chicago to see a classmate who lives in CR...

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to hear from you!!

    So, were you as happy as I was Friday night when the Cards won the World Series??

    Also, I work at Kirkwood. Have your daughter stop in to my office and say "hi" sometime. I know 90% of the students. I met Tony Miell's neice today.

    Good to have you back...

    Carron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a bar/restaurant in CR and the champagne was flowing!!!!!!!! It was a most joyous occasion!!

    Prairie won that night as well to make it to the play-offs, but they got pasted last night by Xavier. Half the student body is home today due to a death threat aimed at the principal. Oh, the times in which we live. Good lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to tell you, Steve ~ you have a beautiful family. Your son is your clone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Steve!!

    Carron's daring me to top my smart-alecky comment about your alien hat, but I just can't bring myself to do it!! You have such a nice looking family...it would be like kicking a puppy!! And then I remember those times when the whole crowd would cheer for you when you got on the floor in a basketball game - STORMIN' DORMAN!! Hallmark moments....

    No....I will take the high road and say congratulations on becoming such an upstanding member of the community.....after all that beer-swilling you did in your younger days, of course ;-)

    ReplyDelete