Saturday, November 4, 2006


Hey Carron -

Thanks for all you are doing to keep the class connected. And, a belated thank you for the wonderful job you and your crew did on the reunion.

Life is good at the George household. We've lived in St. Charles, IL since 1991 so we've got roots in this community. We live about 1/2 mile off Hwy 64. We literally take a left out of our neighborhood and 3-1/2 hours later end up in Anamosa. It makes it convenient to visit my mom and dad. For those classmates that might have had my dad as a teacher, they'll be happy to know Bob is retired but is still active as a City Councilman in Anamosa and involved in a couple local volunteer organizations/clubs.

Sue and I have been married for 19 years and have two kids, Lauren, 13 and Sam, 10. Lauren's an 8th grader and involved in volleyball, band and drama. Sam is a 5th grader and active in soccer, lacrosse and scouts. I am the Cubmaster in Sam's Cub Scout group which keeps me busy as a volunteer during the school year. We are also involved in our church and I'm still singing on their vocal team.

I work for a division of Honeywell called System Sensor. I'm their Director of Communications and run a staff of 15 involved in internal and external marketing and communications. My job takes me to trade shows around the US and quarterly to England. During my career, I've been a salesmen, product manager, sales & marketing manager and publisher, so this job is a neat compilation of things I've done. An extra bonus is I get to work and live in the same city. After commuting an hour plus into Chicago with my last job, this is a major benefit. Sue is now working part time after being a full time mom for 9 years. She is a marketing manager for the Fox Valley Land Foundation, a not for profit involved in protecting and setting aside land in our immediate area. We've had a ton of growth and development in the past dozen years as Chicagoland as expanded north and west.

We'll be in Minneapolis visiting Sue's brother for Thanksgiving but there is a good chance we'll be in Anamosa over Christmas. I'll give you a shout if we come into town. If you plan a get together over Christmas, let me know. Thanks.

See ya.

Dave George

630-513-7260 (home)
drg9@sbcglobal.net

3 comments:

  1. Amazingly great to hear from you!!! Thank you so much!

    Just a lovely, beautiful family you have.

    Now don't be a stranger!

    :-) CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, you're welcome. It is most definitely my pleasure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave ~

    I saw your parents today at a book signing for my dad. I had quite a nice chat with your dad. I told your mom that I received a very nice e-mail and picture from you and she was just a gloating mom and grandma!!! Neither one of them has changed a bit! They look great.

    ReplyDelete