Thursday, November 9, 2006


Thanks Carron.

I have moved within the company and am still attempting to get up to speed on my new responsibilities, so I haven’t had a great deal of sit-down free time to write anything of significance lately. I have also been very busy with Community Service related projects and issues, so my evenings have been very busy as well.

Someone once asked me “Do you ever just sit down and relax?” and I said yes, but not for very long.

It is unfortunate that all of this running around hasn’t trimmed my waist down much, but I probably would need to cut down on the production end a little to really make an impact and how much fun would that be.

We had a ribbon cutting ceremony the other day over at Cleveland Elementary for the walking trail that we converted from crushed lime to concrete, and I still can’t believe that we are finally done with it all. The project took us 2 summers to complete and hundreds of man hours of labor, which I headed up. The trail is approximately 1/3 of a mile long and 5 feet wide, and consists of approximately 94 yards of concrete. Needless to say, my summer exercise program was very physical and demanding, but was also a lot of fun working with all of the other volunteers. I have inserted an aerial view of the school property, and the red line indicates the present concrete version of the trail.

Tonight is the District dinner for Scouts and I will be receiving an honor at this event, which I am very proud of and my daughter Brooke will also be in attendance.

That is it for now as I have to take care of some business over the noon hour. So if anyone asks you if I ever sit down and relax you can say “yes, for a little while anyways”.

Take care,

John Starr

3 comments: