Friday, November 3, 2006

Hi Carron,

Everything is just fine. How are things in Iowa? I check the local tv station on the web and of course I e-mail and talk to my wife. I see that has cooled off a great deal back home. It is in the 80s during the day and drops to the 60s at night.We have entered the rainy season. It will rain on and off now through March. A very light rain turns the dust into a greasy mud. The water pools and days later there are small ponds. The plus is it is much cooler and tolerable.

We keep pretty busy with our logistics mission. I have oversight of three warehouses.They keep me pretty busy. Other than that, the neighbors have been very quiet since Ramadan. Last weekend they caught a bunch of the bad guys in the open planting roadside bombs and the fighters and helicopters from here took out 17 and captured some others. We are fairly isolated from the war as I may have mentioned, but on occasion we see and hear it up close.

Our morale is great over all. We are focussed and know what we need to do. Of course we all miss our families. We get 15 days leave during our deployment. I am taking mine in May to see my son graduate from high school. After that I will have a little over two months before I come home.

Thanks for running the blog. I check it out several times a week. Great photos of Steve Dorman and family. He really hasn't changed a bit. I see that Mike H. is set to be deployed here and he is a LTC. I will have to touch base and see if we are going to overlap at all and where he might be headed. It is amazing how many people over here I have met before, either through military training or units we were in together.

Small world, or should I say small war.

Take care and we'll talk to you later.

Scott (Weber)

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you, Scott. Now I can sleep tonight. We worry about you, you know!!

    Hope you connect with Mike H. He kind of had a sad day yesterday, so I bet he would love to hear from you.

    Glad you wrote.
    Carron

    ReplyDelete