Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hey Carron!!

I'm so happy that it wasn't cancer for your Dad. I hate that dreaded disease. I hope his surgery goes without a hitch & he's back at it in no time! It'll be hard to keep the good man down, but he has to be a good patient! I'll be thinking of you....

I'm sure you heard that Joel's niece Jayne (Jeff & Nancy's only child) died of cancer a year ago. She was Morgan's age. They have a website still & are honoring her memory on a constant basis, and whenever I read what Nancy writes, it just brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the pain that they have to live with. It does make you feel fortunate & just want to go hug your kids & never let go...

We've been good. BUSY! Jon just got done with marching band & golf, and got hired yesterday at Best Buy - need to keep him busy! Morgan just finished school volleyball, and just had her club volleyball tryout. Club goes from now until April. We love that! She's also working as a swim aid for little kids' lessons at the Marion Y, she's a little fish!

My sister & her hubby just moved in July from Southern Cal, where they've been living since we lived out there, to Washington state - a log cabin in the woods, on 8.5 acres. The four of us & our two dogs are renting a van & driving out there for Christmas! We can't wait! They have an Aussie, too, who is crazy like our little one. It'll be very fun.

Good to hear from you & great wishes for a speedy recovery for Pete! We may be able to make it on the 25th - I have it written down!

Love ya!
mj (Mary Jane)

1 comment:

  1. www.caringbridge.org/ia/jayne

    The website for Jeff and Nancy's daughter. Check it out. It is very moving.

    ReplyDelete