Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Carron,

Just read the blog tonite. Hearing what the Doctors have said, I'm sure you are firstly--shocked--of that whole thing. Secondly--not quite sure what to think. Having been through all of this with my mother-in-law, who survived 15 1/2 years post surgery, I can tell you it is not going to be an easy trip for any of you especially your Dad. Something I feel is in your Dad's favor is that he is NOT a "poor me" kind of guy. I also feel that your family will be his pillars of strength and faith. The Lord is with you, your family and your Dad, Carron and, hard as it may be, he will take his surgery if needed and treatments of whateversort and ~HE~ will be there through it all. We ALL will be there.

What I can hope for your family is that you pull together. That won't be a problem!! There are wonderful Doctors and facilities around here. I know they will do what is best for your Dad. Some of it...his recovery...will depend on lots of love and also some tough love as well. We all know he is a fighter and won't let it get him down. Pete's got a lot of time left on this Mother Earth and I know he'll be a great patient and do what they tell him.

I know it's a worrisome time my friend but please stay strong and know that we have very LARGE shoulders which we will lend anytime. I love you, Carron, and I will be praying for you and your family.

SINCERELY,

Kathy and Rick

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kathy. You have one of the kindest, gentlest souls of anyone I have ever met. Having been through this with your mother-in-law, I fully trust your words of advice. You mean the world to me.

    Thanks, also, to Rick for his thoughts and prayers.

    I love you,
    Carron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carron,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and especially your dad.
    "Know that when God brings you to it, He will see you through it"; and "May you find peace in knowing that we are all children of God, and that He is there for each and every one."
    I love ya Carron. I believe that God has a plan for everyone, and that everything does happen for the good (although we don't see it). I have a thought, maybe, this would be one of those special moments/opportunities in which you and Wes could share thoughts and feelings of what you're going through with your dad and his upcoming surgery, AND, what Wes went through, felt, thought, and did to grieve the loss of his buddy. I'm thinking there may be many similar "emotions", and this may provide a healthy, comforting, and healing means for both Wes and you. My heart goes out to you, and your family. God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case you all don't know to what Brenda is referring, let me explain. This past June 12, 2006, my son, Wesley's, best friend drowned in a small private lake in Swisher. Very devastating stuff for a 15-year old kid to struggle through emotionally, but Wes seems to be doing fine now.

    I appreciate your thoughts, Brenda. Coming from a PhD. in Child Psychology, I am taking them to heart!!! Thanks, Doc. :-)

    Love you much,
    Carron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a PH.D in child psychology!!
    I'm so glad to read today that you have received such positive news!

    ReplyDelete